7.17.2011

Step 1

So many people are unfamiliar with the fostering process; as John and I explore it for ourselves, I'm trying to document the process in hopes to be informative for people. I truly believe it's something so many people can do if they feel called to!

Now that we have a child that is potentially ours, our first step in the process is to meet with our case manager, the childs parents, and the psychologist. My heart is trying to prepare for this as I already feel negatively towards his parents. We don't have the full story on his background but from what I know, it's nothing to be happy about. It's heart-wrenching. I have to remind myself that God has given me an abundance of grace and forgiveness and I must do the same. (I'm not good at this....ever)

The objective of the first meeting is to learn more information on Michael and feel out the situation to see if everyone agrees that him staying with us is the right fit. It feels so odd to me....walking into a situation where we can be easily rejected just based on our age, childless experience, and anything else.

Grace. Grace. Grace.

No comments: