10.04.2011

One Man

I've always hated watching the news...it's depressing. Flat out depressing! Once in a while they do a segment on something uplifting, like the weather (which is usually wrong) or the recent updates in high school sports. Other than that.....it's just sad.

John brought to my attention something in the news that is just ripping at me (he is always reading the news or listening to talk radio). Currently in Iran, a Christian pastor is up for the death sentence because of the fact that he is Christian. I realize this happens on a regular basis in other countries, but this story is getting a lot of attention in the U.S.

The Iranian government is charging the man with rape---this happens often when Iranian people denounce the Muslim faith and convert to Christianity.

I have personally experienced in my own family, "justice" according to a government's discretion. I understand the feeling of utter helplessness and lack of control in terms of someones freedom. It's indescribable and to think his family will watch him murdered, and then suffer the humiliation and harassment after shatters my heart.

I can only pray that God would give me the boldness that he has given this man. I pray that if death were my only option to remain faithful to what I believe in, that I could.

I am yet again reminded how blessed we are in this FREE country. I'm also reminded that if our government starts to wittle away at our freedoms....we too will face death in terms of religious freedom.

No comments: