4.02.2012

Time and Sleep

Spring break has already brought my body back to normal with one thing....sleep! This morning John woke up early and took our foster child to school so that I could sleep. In a normal week, I leave the house around 6:15 to tutor before work. It's amazing how I can get ready now in 15 minutes (do not hate on me if you see me bronzing in the car!).

After a little sleep and a lot of reflection time, just in the past 2 days, I feel this sigh of relief and renewed energy to get going. Today I read part of a book called, "Missional Mom." The foster mom had it out so I thought I'd give it a whirl while I watched Michael play basketball. In minutes my attention was captured and I felt the Lord stirred in me something that I knew was coming.

When we found the house that we are under contract to buy, John and I were a little ashamed to tell people what we had picked. It's a foreclosure, which made the price under budget, but the size of the house makes us feel like millionaires. Now, some people will see the house and think..."it's not that big" but coming from a house that only takes 5 steps and you can cover the entire downstairs, it feels like a palace.

I knew God was blessing us to use this house for his glory and after reading "Missional Mom" I think God has stirred something in me that I would LOVE to do! I look at our house, which will be 4 bedrooms, and my first thought is, what will we do with all this space. Baby making takes longer than a hot minute so we have alot of time before we fill 4 bedrooms! In the book I was reading, one woman always invited into her home, someone who couldn't afford rent. At some points it was college students and at other times it was women who just couldn't make it. I read her story and knew I wanted to do something similar.

I'm not sure how this will look, but I have 2 passions I am confident in: budgeting and sharing. I would love to allow for a struggling college student (perhaps one who doesnt have a family paying for their schooling and one who works just to try and get through) whom I can share our home with and allow them to budget at a crucial time in their life. Obviously this will take a lot of prayer and direction as I never want to put my husband or someone else in a compromising situation-where Satan can use temptation to wreck our marriage--but I also feel if God wants to use the home he has given us to bless someone else, we are more than willing.

I read an interesting statistic in "Missional Mom" that will rock your world.
Let this marinade: if you make 30,000.00 per year, you are in the top 8% in the ENTIRE WORLD.

It's amazing and sad how americans throw around the term "broke" and "struggling" when really....their needs are met.

I make around that amount and I have EVERYTHING I need.

What can you do with God's "stuff" that he is letting you USE while on earth?
I have a lot to share.....better get to it!

No comments: