4.08.2011

Happy Holidays!

John and I are not normally gift givers; we decided at the beginning of our relationship that we would have experiences together but try not to focus on gifts as a sign of importance.

But, this year I switched things up a bit because I knew there was something that John had his heart set on. He grew up in Detroit and for some unknown reason has a true pride for the motor city. In all his life he has never really been to watch the Red Wings play at the Detroit Arena because tickets are easily over a hundred bucks a piece. He knew that they were playing in Raleigh, NC against the Hurricanes, so I bought tickets as a Valentines/Birthday Gift surprise!!

We took the day off work, stayed the night in Raleigh and had a blast doing the whole thing. Hockey isn't really my thing....it takes way too long to score which really takes my interest level down but John loved it and I loved seeing him love it.

Another great memory to add to the collection!





(Thanks for the free hats, but they have the wrong team)

No comments: