6.21.2011

Cards and Crap

I got a call from my dad on Father's Day. No, he didn't call because he wanted a salute, he called on Sunday because I asked him to.

Towards the end of our private and long conversation (yeah right), I said to him, "Dad, I know your card hasn't gotten there yet because I just put it in the mail. I'm so sorry it's late."

My dad then responds, "Kylie, I could care less about a card. There are just too many good things going on right now to be worried about a card."

lol.

wow.

It happens every single week when we have our 15 minute, tapped conversation. I am kindly reminded (not intentionally) that I take everything for granted and that my perspective is so tainted. Here I am, stressing over everything in life that seems like crap, except what really matters. Here he is, worrying about nothing in life except what does matter.

For him to even have the peace to say, "there are just too many good things" is a miracle in itself. God has given beyond measure, the peace that I have prayed for him. God blows me away. In a tiny cell, with nothing, God has shown him the goodness and he has received it.

Thank you Lord, you have truly given me the best father to show me faith and peace.

Happy Father's day Dad!

No comments: