8.24.2011

The Cross

My heart was breaking as I listened to a close friend as she shared with me the struggles in her marriage. Her husband crossed the line of faithfulness and everything has changed.

My first reaction was pure disgust. I was ready to pack his bags for him so that she could feel safe and loved.

To her wiser judgement, she has a marriage to fight for.

As we finished our conversation my mind lingered to the idea of forgiveness. God sees my sin as disgusting as I see her husbands sin. It's hurtful and damaging. She is choosing to forgive him and move forward. Wow---her strength blows me away.

I keep thinking about how God forgives me constantly and is always eager to move forward. My sin is no different than my friend's husband...sin is sin and it always disapoints and infects someone or something.

Thank you Lord for forgiveness. For mine. For his. For all of ours.

The cross saves us all....

No comments: