8.01.2011

What I'm not...or what I am

John and I had the pleasure of spending a great weekend with some close friends from John's college. I haven't had the opportunity to really get to know them as they live several hours away but John spent years with them in college.

We walked into their adorable and gorgeous house to be greeted by their oldest son, Ethan, who is now 4 years old. He then rushed us upstairs to his bedroom to immediately begin playing. lol. Kids.....they are just so darn embracive!

So, the weekend continued with Ethan, Chandler, and their newest arrival, baby Kylee. We played numerous games, answered many "why" questions, and asked politely for "adult discussion time" with the parents (our friends) repeatedly.

We had such a sweet time with this family. They are so impressive with the way they are raising their children, I was consistantly baffled throughout the weekend!

After a short visit I left with a complete appreciation for parenthood. It was a great eye opener for what's to come in our lives so soon. No more sleeping in. No more quiet, and I mean quiet. No more having adult conversations without some form of interuption. No more eating first. No more sneaking cookies without someone watching.

Parenting is by far the most challenging experience and I just pray that John and I are some-what ready. Not experienced, but ready for the challenge.

This looks hard....yikes.

No comments: