10.27.2011

Speaking Truth

For a few more weeks we will have a child in our home until a final placement for her is made. Our main struggle at the moment is honesty. She consistantly feels the need to tell a lie, whether it be about her dirty laundry or her homework.

One of the things I'm learning through this process is how amazing and patient my Godly husband really is. I would like to get through the honesty discussions much quicker and move right into the consequences. John on the other hand is all about breaking it down, and he is the one who brings her to tears with truth. I talk and don't have quite the impact but when John speaks, her heart breaks. He just has a way of getting through to her where as I struggle because of my impatience.
We have yet to raise our voices, we have yet to lose our cool. I'm doing okay---I just want the process to be quicker and less frequent...not so much at the moment.

She really does have a sweet heart and I really do have a little amount of grace after spending all day with 90 other kids. I have to pray that the Lord will give me a heart full of grace for the lies and the sweetness.

No comments: