11.08.2011

Your trash is my treasure

We have been working non-stop with Brianna on 2 issues: lieing and manipulation.
Tonight I came home from work and noticed the pillow case (halloween bag) of candy was missing from on top of the fridge.

Of course I didn't take it and neither did John....that left one little sneaky hand!

So before bed tonight, John said, "can I have a Snickers from your candy bag?"

She immediately got the big eyes look and said......"ummmmmm."

She knew she was caught.

So---I asked her to go get it out of her room (which I had already searched in and out while she was in the shower and couldn't find it)and she brought down the bag. I then asked her, "Because you have shown us that you cannot follow the rules with the candy...what do you think I'm going to tell you we should do with it?"

She then said that she thought I wanted her to throw it all away.

TRUE.

So she did.


We then gave her the talk of integrity and honesty....again....and she then went to bed.

About 30 seconds after her bedroom door closes, my cutie pie husband rushes to the trash can and digs out the candy to enjoy for himself.

If she only knew.... :)

No comments: