12.16.2011

Diet Time

I'm not even going to try and lie about this....I love the last day of school before Christmas break. It's just fun and in the school I teach at, the students and parents are really generous.
My students showered me with some pretty thoughtful and amazing gifts this year but throughout the day, only one seemed to really take the cake.

I waited until all of my students were gone to open the gifts they gave me and I saved the one I predicted would be best for last. I opened the wrapping paper and read the card which included a really sweet message from 2 of my twin students.

The more I unwrapped the more I could see that there was a book inside. I like books, I teach reading, so of course it fit!

The title read something to the effect of.....Dieting Fast!

Deep Breath.

Dieting? Really? Is that what kids are trying to tell me??? (I also received a luxury bar of soap that came in a gorgeous box, but again, what are kids trying to tell me?)

In the last 5 years I have never had a gift stand out quite like this one....it takes the cake for originality. It takes the cake for frustration and offense too.


Well....off to eat my dinner...consisting of water and grass. :)

No comments: