1.11.2012

Walk it Out

So much going on.....feels like a whirlwind this week. Meetings right and left, observations at work, John starting UNCC classes, tutoring, and the list goes on as it does for all of us.

With the busyness going on I have found myself exhausted by 7 pm and feeling completely unenergized! Last night John and I came up with a schedule and budget that will force us to do the things we know we want to do and should do....and we loved the first night!

I've noticed myself feeling very anxious about sleeping, so much so that I jump into bed and basically lay there and worry about if I will fall asleep or not, which of course hinders me from relaxing and actually sleeping.

So, the updated life plan to accomodate is TV off at 8, walk a mile or two depending on the night, shower, and read in bed. It was wonderful!!! I was beginning to wonder when John and I would have quality moments with all the hussle of things, but the walks really allow for conversation. The reading part we added as not only a relaxation tool but also an accountability tool. We've been lacking in reading the word and studying so we each chose a book that we have been wanting to read; my choice was SLAVE by John McArthur. The first chapter had me thinking about the content all day long.

I already feel a weight off my shoulders! I love routine, I thrive with consistancy, and I embrace knowing I have quality time with my husband. Nothing fancy. Nothing costly. Just real time.

No comments: