1.25.2012

Looking Back

I had a close friend in high school that I spent all of my time with. She was the cooler one between the two of us, all the guys liked her and I was her sidekick. The relationship was unique because we were nothing alike. I was reserved in my choices, I was a little dorky, and she was edgy. Of course time does something to all relationships by either deepening it or breaking it. Time went on and as years passed in high school, we naturally grew apart. We began to have nothing in common other than our history as friends.

College came and went and now we are 10 years out of high school-crazy! Thanks to facebook we have re-connected but I havent actually seen or spoke to her in a decade.

It's crazy what time can do, she's married and has a baby. She moved to Florida for her husbands job and has "settled" down. Now, ten years later, we finally have life in common again. Our lifestyles (although I am still childless) are similar in several areas and our perspectives seem to be aligning with what's important.

I can't wait to see this girl. We will be in her area visiting my grandma soon and I eagerly anticipate seeing her. It will be such a sweet moment to see ourselves all grown up.

The seasons of life are so intentional. God brings and takes people out of our lives and we just never know when he will bring them back. No matter what the season people are in our lives for, the reason is intentional!

No comments: