1.03.2012

Our Kids

Some days I love going to work. Alot of days I love going to work! Today was one of those days......


After a great day of teaching I received 2 e-mails from parents, both were the same issue. Two of my students are so incredibly overwhelmed with school anxiety they are seeing therapist. One of the boys is the sweetest, most polite, cutest little guy and the other is equally as great. I NEVER would have known that either of them were struggling.

Both moms e-mailed me directly to share that the boys are having trouble making friends, they are crying at night, they feel overwhelmed with school, and they both are getting help.

My heart sank.

How sad.

How can two of my sweetest male students feel such isolation? How is it possible that they are struggling to make friends while other irritating and rude kids have more friends than they can count? I wish I could just tell them that they will run this world in a few years and that post high school most of the kids who matter now wont matter at all then.

Now I'm trying to develop a plan because that's what my brain naturally does. I'm a fixer and a doer.

Not really sure how to fix this.....but I want to.

No comments: