1.02.2012

A special visitor

One of my cousins has dedicated his life to the mission field overseas. He serves in an area that I cannot share because his location is dangerous, his life is in jepordy on a daily basis if it is known why he is living there.

It's such a treat when he stops in Charlotte to stay with us. He has been here twice in the last 6 months while he awaits his return to the mission field. Currently he cannot return "home" because of the war conditions that are existing there.

While he is with us I always feel incredibly humbled and challenged. Here I am complaining about non-organic foods, my leather boots wearing down, and my jeans being just a little too tight. I have never once worried about my safety walking through town and I have not yet open heartedly considered making my life in the mission field. It's embarassing.....it's thought provoking.

I love that my cousin is so focused on spreading the gospel....man, I need to get to work!

No comments: