2.19.2012

BBQ's and Perspective

There are 2 Godly men in my life that I truly love and respect above all others. John of course as my husband and my father. Thankfully, he has been able to access internet and we have been e-mailing. I fought it for a while, I really need to get over this whole technology is evil thing, because it has allowed me to feel closer to my dad than I have in a few years. I literally write him on a daily basis and I love getting e-mails from him. (no-prisoners do not just surf the internet all day-they pay to get online and they only can access e-mail that has been approved by the BOP)
Today, as most days, he sent an e-mail that greatly encouraged my family and I wanted to share it with you. It is the most true evidence of Christ's faithfulness I have seen first hand in my life. He has taken a broken situation, dictated by man, and made an abundance of fruit! Praise the Lord!!!
Here is an excerpt for my dad.......he just makes me smile and then cry!


"It is great to be within God's will and purpose for my life. I continue to prepare and be prepared daily physically, and spiritually for the day I will be released. Only God knows the final day I will spend in prison. One thing I am sure of going forward. God will redeem the time I have spent in prison. He will give it back due to my obedience. I will accomplish more after release as a husband, father, grandfather and businessman than what I did before my arrest. You are all my grown children. There are many areas of life I could have done a much better job teaching all of you to prepare you for marriage, adult-hood and business. This will be a priority upon my release. I am proud of how all of you continue to trust in the Lord.
Please continue to seek his will for your lives. Assuming obedience to the Word of God and a willingness to grow a relationship with your creator---the only limitations we have going forward is us. We ahve a creator that chose us --he knew us before we were made--We have a savior whom died for us so that we would not suffer the penalty of our sinfulness--death. This Savior ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God praying on our behalf. Christ's grace provides a gift of eternal life--something we cannot purchase or earn. the Holy Spirit teaches, directs, comforts, gives us strength during times of suffering and is with us at all times. We are blessed with provisions, protection, rewards and love. We are also given favor. God is good.

I love you all very much and look forward to the day when we can all be together as a family. If possible to also eat some BBQ ribs!!!!!--just thought i would
add that--"


Words from a faithful servant!

No comments: