2.24.2012

God's promises


Sometimes we dream big and sometimes we dream realistic.

Selling the house was more of a realistic dream, we knew wouldn't get rich, we knew it was a long shot in this economy. But, none the less, we tried!

We put our house on the market about a month ago and waited. We had over 15 showings in 30 days....crazy! But, showings don't really matter if you don't have a buyer.

I was talking with a co-worker and he really spoke truth that I needed to hear. He was telling me (in a long winded way that I really didn't want to hear because I was trying to grade papers) about his experience of selling his house years ago. He went into this long saga about how when they put their house on the market in Miami, he and his wife prayed over the house for a buyer to come quickly. They even prayed for the amount and closing date. Literally, kid you not, the buyer came within days, they closed on the exact date they prayed for, and made the amount they asked God for.

I heard this story and really wanted to just ignore it. I took the whole, "I'm not going to tell God what to do,if it's his will, the house will sell."

Driving home after work the Holy Spirit really got to my heart, my gut, and in my thoughts and my mind was invaded with a prompting of prayer over our house. So, I called John and said, "I really think we need to pray for a buyer to come." He agreed and we prayed it up!

The next showing was the buyer! To God be the glory!!!!! It was for more than the amount we anticipated, they pushed the closing date giving us time to buy or rent, and all worked in our favor.

My dad had said at the very beginning, it's all in his timing. He couldn't have been more right. God's timing was according to our obedience in coming to him in prayer. When we finally hit our knees, he brought forth, in his timing, our answer to prayer.

I'm not saying we always get what we ask for, God is not a genie full of wishes. I am saying, when God puts on your heart something to do (which for us was to sell to save money) he will provide the way. He has provided for us faithfully while John is in school and I work; this is yet another way he is providing to make things work during this season of life.

Thankful is not the word. Undeserving is more like it!

No comments: