2.08.2012

Welcome to the Family!

After 9 years of dating my brother popped the question this weekend and my family couldn't be happier! Thankfully, his fiance stuck it out (I'm not sure how, for that long) and they have the cutest story to tell!

I dont want to brag but I think I will, just for a minute. Andy had called me about a month ago saying that he needed proposal ideas. We threw several back in forth but I think he chose the perfect one. My mom and I helped with the details and Andy was kind of along for the ride as we naturally tried to take over the fun part :)

Andy has an employee that works for him and also works at an Italian Restaraunt. He was explaining the proposal plan to her and she kindly volunteered her services as well. She offered to organize the restaraunt end and mom and I took care of the rest.

Andy's birthday was last week so when Cherie came to visit him for the weekend, he told her that some work friends wanted to take him out to dinner for his birthday. She agreed and off they went to the Italian place! When they entered he asked the waitress (his employee) for their reservation of 6 and she claimed it was made for only 4. So, she seated them and said she would figure something out to seat the additional 2 people that were on their way. Andy walked Cherie to the table and told her that he needed to use the restroom before everyone arrived.

Once he was away from the table, a stranger approached Cherie at the table and read from a card that Andy had written. The stranger then gave her the card and rose and walked away. After 20 strangers read her cards with reasons why Andy loves her, and gave her a rose for each one, Andy then approached the table and got down on one knee.

My mom was there to pre-organize all of the strangers and I was able to hear the excitement after. Sounds like it went off without a hitch!

Now....onto planning the wedding and such!

Cherie--you are already welcome in the family, but now we are lucky enough to say it's official. Thank you for loving my brother and my family...no questions ask. Nothing matters more to me than knowing you will support Andy.

You are loved :)

No comments: