3.19.2012

So Real

I sometimes think about death. I think more about the way people will remember me more than anything. Will my funeral be packed? Will people be crying uncontrollably because I will be missed in the world?

My own answers to these questions are typically "no" mainly because it's hard to imagine other people caring about you as much as you care about them.


My mind wanders to these questions when I think about the type of friend that I am to those in my life. I analyze and evaluate constantly if I'm doing my part in the relationship. I worry that if I'm not doing enough the friendships will fall away, and I'll miss the women in my life.

With the move coming up, so many "friends" have just whole heartedly wrapped their arms around us and offered to house us, help us move, borrow trucks, and blankets and boxes. We see the friends we have made here and they are nothing less than treasure in our hearts. Each one of them so unique and special.

I think of those friends and the loss we would feel without them. I can only keep asking myself, am I selfless to them? Do I offer to serve and encourage them?

Just tonight, as I sat outside with a friend, enjoying the weather and embracing conversation, I literally thanked God in that moment for people who love us. I know God has blessed us when I see unity around us.

We are blessed. We are SO thankful!

No comments: