5.05.2012

Over flow.....

I'd stopped writing to spare the world a lot of stress and complaints. After a short season of chaos, I am finally feeling things come together. So much has happened in the Crowley world and the most impactful I just have to share, so that I'll remember the feeling. I think often times in life, when we aren't directly involved in something, when we are on the outside looking in, we often forget others pains because the famous saying can be true, "out of sight out of mind." I think thats the difference in real and valued relationships in our lives, when our real loved ones feel hurt and pain, it doesn't just slip our minds. We continue to pray and love on them regardless of the fact that life does not pause and we have our "own" lives to tend to. When I was growing up, we lived right next door to my cousins. We basically shared a yard, chickens and all! I remember riding the bus with them, playing for hours and hours until one of our parents called us home. I remember my aunt and uncle babysitting us, I remember sitting in their living room and talking about fire safety. I remember it all! That family was single handedly the most influential part of my childhood and I loved it! I only wish my own children could grow up with their cousins....it's special! Years later, that same cousin came to live with me. She was in my wedding. She and I continued our "childhood" relationship into adulthood. We have challenged eachother, loved eachother and supported eachother. It's a relationship in my life that is like no other. Now that cousin, and my three other cousins, are hurting beyond something I have ever experienced. Their dad, and my uncle, passed suddenly last week. I can honestly say I haven't felt the depth of that hurt and the pain, and seeing their family doing whatever they can to keep it together, just broke me. I have broken down more in the last week than I have in the last few years. My uncle Kent was a true gentlemen. A man I admired because of his love for Jesus, wisdom and calm demeanor. He was a man who was slow to speak and when he spoke, we all listened. I loved Kent, growing up he was like a second dad to my brother and I. As an adult, he gladly poured into John and I and we gladly accepted it. John loved Kent and everytime we were in Ohio or passing through, he would request a visit with Kent. Their personalities are somewhat similar and I can see a lot of Kent in John. Now, as I watch Kelly and my other cousins navigate this loss, I pray to God that I don't forget the pain they will still feel for a great time to come. I pray that we support them and love them regardless of what we are busy with. Uncle Kent, enjoy Jesus. I promise we will take care of your family! Well done good and faithful servant!

No comments: