3.23.2011

........

Well, after a very short and sweet weekend with Dad, my heart yearns for more of his time and creates a homesick feeling in my gut.

As I sat with him, feeling sorry for myself and all the things I expected from my life that just aren't in whole pieces, I listened in admiration as he tried to convince me that he understands his mission. WHAT? Here I am, feeling sorry for myself, and there he is, taking it like a champ and professing that God has given him a mission--his purpose for being in there, he fully understands and attempts to embrace.

I'm not so much always in the embracing mood and I definitely don't try to find a way to justify why my family is torn apart or why my mom has to hurt so much. I rarely can say outloud with confidence, "he's in there for a reason and it's ok."

It's so crazy to think God gives peace and contentment when we abide by his will and submit to his calling. Dad---You've got it going on. I need a little of your attitude in my life. Thanks for showing me what it means to use every opportunity for the Lord.

No comments: