9.15.2011

Grass is greener

I'm 27. All of my married friends are pregnant, with a newborn, or trying for one.

It's so confusing when you always want something else. Doesn't it always look like someone elses life is more exciting, better, or even simpler?

On a daily basis I think to myself, "I better hurry up and get pregnant or I'll be friendless. All of my friends are having babies and I'll be left with nothing and no one."

Then, always after being around someone elses kids, I think to myself, "I'm so thankful for freedom, sleep, selfish fun, flexibility, and time with John. I am so not ready for a baby."

Back and forth the cycle goes. It's not just the timing of having kids. It's jobs, friendships, families, churches, etc. Someone elses something just always looks like it might be a little better.

One bible verse always comes to mind, "I know the plans I have for you."

Deep Sigh.

If I'm supposed to be at another church, another job, having a baby, not having a foster child coming, different friends....it would be. God is in such control of my life that if he wanted these things to happen- they would. When I think of his greatness, abilities, and power, I'm reminded that I'm not really choosing much. God allows me to make the choices he has already picked for me.

Who am I to think the God of the universe is not in control?
Who am I to think that this life is about anything other than bringing him glory?

The rest are details and different shades of green grass.

No comments: