9.18.2011

Inspirations

I've noticed a trend.

I try to make myself aware of who I admire. I sincerely consider why I admire certain people and specifically what it is I admire. I've noticed a trend with the people I admire; the qualities in them that inspire me are the qualities that I don't have.

Take for example my mother. My mom is a woman who defines perserverence. She is one of the strongest women I know. I try to imagine myself in her shoes, living the situation she has faced and continues to fight through and all I can see myself doing is climbing in bed and hiding---waiting for it to end. Not her, she takes it on and then adds more to her plate to help other people.

My friend Gina....she is the most amazing cook. I try to dabble in the kitchen but nothing compares. She can make a fabulous meal, mouthwatering and warm....simply with ingredients she has in her kitchen. She has the quality of instincts in the kitchen, me...not so much.

My dearest friend Ashley is always optomistic. She is constantly looking on the bright side which often makes me want to puke, but I want to puke because I'm really just jealous that I'm cynical when she's the opposite. I love that she is always giving people the benefit of the doubt where as I tend to over analyze.

My friend Ginny...she has the greatest sweetness about her. She literally drips honey...always kind and always personable. It amazes me that she is always just that nice.

The list goes on....Kelly is driven. She's a go-getter always making things happen. She keeps going when I would have given up! She is one tough girl---i love it!


On and On and On....

I see these admirable qualities in the women around me that I so desire to have myself. It's not that I think I don't have good qualities....it's just that I always seem to lack in these qualities when I'm busy noticing other peoples.

I'm so thankful for so many women in my life to inspire me. They all have such unique qualities that I have yet to acquire. God has shown me areas to work on....and I see them in the people he surrounds me with.

Grateful!

No comments: