9.28.2011

Whirlwinds

Fall is my favorite season of the year.....I just cannot get enough of pumpkin flavored anything...I love the change in weather....and I adore the decor!

As for the rest of fall....it's always a chaotic mess. With teaching, coaching, part time work, fostering, and church....I feel like treading water is an understatement.

The good news is that this season will come to an end in November and life will significantly slow down! YAY! In the meantime, I'm trying to laugh away the exhaustion and hearing this from one of my students, brought just the chuckle I needed to start my day.

..............

I was reading an article to my class on the new Martin Luther King monument built in D.C. There was a two page spread including a several pictures of MLK. In the article, it stated that a chinese designer created it.

I then said, "isn't it interesting that our economy is struggling, Obama has promised jobs, and yet we have foreign designers creating our monument for an American hero. Hmmmmm.

I then asked, "does anyone else think this is strange?"
One student responds, "not really, maybe he is part chinese."
I said, "Ummmm...no....he's not"
The student then strongly responds, "he could be."

Maybe looks don't say it all! :)

No comments: