12.19.2011

Christmas and Aliens --- Fantasy (Part Two)

Guest Blogger: John Crowley

December 24, 2XXX


John,

There are things that I am so excited to share with you!

What a day! Everywhere I look I see signs that point to the miracle that occurred over 2,100 years ago. I chuckle when I think of stories that my grand-parents told me of a time when Christmas was about shopping and Santa! They told me that people didn’t even say Merry Christmas, instead, they settled for Happy Holidays.

People would be out shopping until mid-night, spend hours wrapping presents, and run around stressed trying to remember if they bought a gift for everyone on the list.

As I was driving to church tonight I passed churches that were full of people. Back in the day, I was told, Christmas was the only time of year people would go to church! It was humbling seeing people in church reflecting on the birth of our Savior. You could walk into almost any church and you would hear about how the world was to be redeemed through Jesus Christ!

There are still those that do not grasp what Christmas is all about, but they are in the minority.

I cannot even imagine a time when Christmas was focused on something other the Christ! It is even in the name!! I pray that in the future we will always keep the focus on Jesus. I would hate to see a day when children know more about Santa then they do of our Savior.

Sincerely,

Future John

No comments: