1.20.2012

Puking does a body good!

The last few days I have been more than under the weather, I've been face down in my toilet bowl! Yuck!

Although I have felt miserable, I have had a great confirmation. I woke up this morning feeling better but not wanting to pass on whatever I have to 90 other families through my students. So, I stayed home another day to recover.

It took me a few hours to decide whether or not I wanted to go into work. Today was such a great confirmation for me....I missed being at work. I missed hearing the kids ask me literally one million questions (most of them answerable with common sense), I missed eating my boring packed lunch in 20 minutes while glaring at children sitting in front of me to stop trading and throwing away food their mother bought them, I even missed my most "interesting" students that usually cause me to want to run my head into a concrete wall. Now that's a pretty great day. A day when you realize the job you pour your life into, is something you love. I think like all careers, I have days where I wonder if another opportunity would be better.

Then God humbles and reminds me ........glamour, money, and glitz aren't everything. Loving your calling is!

Can't wait to get back to work.....

No comments: